5 Minute Caramel Walnuts Recipe
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar (packed, do not use dark brown)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon + 2 pinches salt
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a dinner plate, approximately the size of the plate. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, combine walnuts, ¼ cup brown sugar, water, unsalted butter, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Place the skillet over high heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (increase stirring to constantly in the last minute, and reduce heat to medium during the last minute). The moisture will evaporate, and the nuts will become darker, glossy, and start to clump together.
- Ensure that all the liquid is completely evaporated before removing from heat.
- Immediately transfer the caramel-coated nuts onto the prepared parchment paper. Spread the nuts in a single layer and sprinkle the remaining 2 pinches of salt evenly on top.
- Allow the caramelized nuts to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, break them apart with your fingers into individual pieces.
- Store the caramel walnuts in a container. They should stay fresh for several days, though they might not last that long due to their irresistible taste.