Amish Baked Custard is a classic dessert recipe that’s simple, comforting, and delicious. Made with a few basic ingredients, this custard is baked to perfection and topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes Serves: 4-6
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 177mg
- Sodium: 119mg
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 27g
- Protein: 10g
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Nutmeg, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until well combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract, and stir until everything is combined.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish.
- Place the baking dish into a larger baking dish and add enough water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle the top with nutmeg, if desired, and serve.