Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the filling:
- 3 medium-sized apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time: 30 minutes Rising time: 1 hour Baking time: 20 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the warm milk, melted butter, water, and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a kitchen towel. Let it rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon to make the filling.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the chopped apples over the filling.
- Starting with the long side of the dough, roll it tightly into a log.
- Cut the log into 12 equal-sized rolls and place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to make the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cinnamon rolls and serve.