Apple Crisp Bites are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for fall or any time of year. The tender and caramelized apples are combined with a crispy and crumbly topping, creating a perfect balance of textures and flavors. These bite-sized treats are perfect for sharing and can be served as a snack, dessert, or even a breakfast treat. Enjoy these Apple Crisp Bites warm or at room temperature, and top with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
For the apple filling:
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the crisp topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: 20-25 minutes Total time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the apple filling, in a medium saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over medium heat.
- Add the diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Cook the apple mixture for 5-7 minutes or until the apples are tender and the mixture is caramelized.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the apple mixture cool.
- To make the crisp topping, in a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Add the melted unsalted butter and stir until the mixture is crumbly.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop the apple mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each scoop.
- Sprinkle the crisp topping over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Let the apple crisp bites cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!