Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie is a refreshing and tangy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The sweet and tart lemon filling is creamy and smooth, and pairs perfectly with the buttery crust. This pie is easy to make and can be served chilled with whipped cream for an extra indulgent treat. Enjoy this delicious Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie!
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Chilling time: 2-3 hours Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the pie crust according to the package instructions and let it cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in the water until smooth.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in the beaten egg yolks, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil again.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- Pour the lemon filling into the pre-baked pie crust.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Serve the Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie chilled with whipped cream, if desired.