Bakery Style Amish Cinnamon Bread is a classic recipe that is perfect for breakfast or as a sweet treat. The cinnamon sugar swirls throughout the bread create a beautiful pattern and add a delicious flavor. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized with your favorite spices or toppings. Serve the bread warm or at room temperature, and enjoy the sweet aroma of cinnamon throughout your home.
Ingredients for the bread:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the cinnamon topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the milk and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture into the batter.
- Bake the bread for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.