This BBQ Shrimp New Orleans recipe is a classic dish that is bursting with flavor and spice. The combination of Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, and spices creates a rich and savory sauce that perfectly complements the tender and juicy shrimp. This recipe is quick and easy to make, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. Serve it with crusty bread or over rice to soak up all the delicious sauce. Enjoy this delicious and classic New Orleans dish right at home!
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1/4th of the recipe Calories: 493 Total fat: 38g Saturated fat: 14g Cholesterol: 411mg Sodium: 1762mg Total carbohydrates: 5g Dietary fiber: 1g Sugars: 2g Protein: 33g
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil together.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, Creole seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Cook the shrimp for 5-6 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until they are pink and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or over rice, and enjoy!