A delicious Italian-inspired casserole with layers of pasta, meat sauce, and melted cheese.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 box (16 ounces) rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Preparation Time: 45 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 465
- Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 39.5g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Sodium: 821mg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the meat is browned and the onion is tender. Drain the fat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rigatoni pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Spread half of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with half of the cooked rigatoni.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses over the pasta. Repeat the layers with the remaining meat sauce, pasta, and cheeses.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped parsley.