Indulge in the rich and luscious flavors of this Blackberry Caramel Tart with Homemade Blackberry Whipped Cream. This elegant and decadent dessert features a buttery tart crust filled with a smooth and creamy caramel filling, topped with juicy blackberries, and finished with a light and fluffy blackberry whipped cream. With its beautiful presentation and delightful combination of flavors, this tart is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your sweet cravings.
For the tart crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons ice water
For the caramel filling:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the blackberry whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries, plus extra for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt for the tart crust. Add the cold cubed butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and ice water. Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture while pulsing, until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a disk. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough to fit a 9-inch tart pan. Press the dough into the pan, trimming any excess.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Line the crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and weights, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it cool completely.
- For the caramel filling, in a saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally, until the mixture turns amber in color.
- Remove the caramel from heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream. Be cautious as the mixture will bubble vigorously.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla extract until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the caramel filling into the cooled tart crust. Arrange fresh blackberries on top of the caramel filling.
- For the blackberry whipped cream, in a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Add the fresh blackberries and continue whipping until the cream is thick and holds its shape.
- Dollop the blackberry whipped cream onto the tart and garnish with additional blackberries.
- Refrigerate the tart for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.