Brownies wrapped in puff pastry is a delightful twist on the classic brownie, where rich and fudgy brownie squares are enclosed in a flaky and buttery puff pastry. Here’s a recipe to make this indulgent treat:
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 9 small brownie squares (about 2 inches each), baked and cooled
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on the puff pastry package.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface to flatten it slightly and increase its size.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 9 equal squares.
- Place a baked and cooled brownie square in the center of each puff pastry square.
- Fold the corners of the puff pastry squares over the brownie, meeting in the center. Press the edges together to seal the pastry.
- Place the wrapped brownies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with the beaten egg to create a shiny and golden crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for the time specified on the puff pastry package, or until the pastry turns golden brown and flaky.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownie pastry parcels cool slightly.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.