Buttermilk honey biscuits are tender and flavorful, perfect for breakfast or as a side dish for savory meals. Here’s a recipe to make these delicious biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Additional buttermilk, for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the honey and buttermilk until well combined.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir gently with a fork until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; the dough should be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently pat it into a rectangle or circle, about 1-inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a round glass, cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gather any remaining scraps of dough, pat them together, and cut out more biscuits until all the dough is used.
- Lightly brush the tops of the biscuits with additional buttermilk.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.