- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onions to the bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Cheddar Cheese Quick Bread is best served warm with a pat of butter. You can also store any leftover bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.