Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcake is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for spring and summer. The yellow cake is moist and tender, while the cream cheese mixture is creamy and tangy. The sliced strawberries add a fresh and fruity flavor to the dessert. This dessert can be customized by using different fruits such as blueberries or raspberries. Enjoy this delightful Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcake!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 25-30 minutes Chill time: 2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and water. Mix well until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries and granulated sugar. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cake in the baking dish.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with the sliced strawberries.
- Chill the Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.