It’s simple, savory, and it also does stay well in the fridge, so if you don’t finish all of this right away, or if you want to save it for lunch or dinner the next day, then you’re in luck, because this casserole is it, it’s perfect, and it’ll definitely get the job done for you!
1 lb. of ground beef.
2 diced onions.
2 tsps. of garlic powder.
1 small can of tomato sauce.
1 cup of cooked rice.
1 cup of chicken broth.
1 cup of sour cream.
2 cups of shredded cheese.
Salt, pepper and oregano.
1 cup of frozen peas.
- Get a skillet, spray it with cooking spray, and then turn this up to high heat. Add in the onions, roasting this for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the garlic and the ground beef, browning this.
- When done, turn the heat to medium levels and then season this with pepper, salt, and some oregano
- Put the peas,, the rice, the tomato sauce, a cup of the cheese, and the broth, letting this sit to simmer for around three minutes or so, making sur that everything is fully mixed in order to combine it perfectly together.
- Take the mixture and put it in a casserole container. Place it in the oven.
- Bake this at about 250 for about 15 minutes or until you start to notice that the mixture is heated up, and it starts to bubble as well.
- From there, remove this, and then take the sour cream and cheese, putting this in a bowl together, whisking this together until they’re both fully combined and create an even texture
- Take this and pour it over the top of the casserole dish, baking this all together for at least another 15 or more minutes, until the cheese melts and it starts to bubble
- Pull this out, place it on a serving plate and enjoy!
- This is a super easy and cheesy casserole that’s perfect for those who love something like this. If you’re someone who wants a casserole that doesn’t take forever to make, and is easy to throw together, then this is it, as it’s something that’s perfect for you to enjoy, and a good one to try for your next family dinner night, or if you’re someone who is interested in just having a nice, easy dinner recipe that’s right there waiting too.