This Chicken, Shrimp, and Andouille Jambalaya is a classic Louisiana dish that’s bursting with flavor and spice. It’s perfect for a cozy dinner with friends or family. The combination of chicken, shrimp, and Andouille sausage makes it hearty and satisfying, while the vegetables add a fresh and bright note. Serve it with some crusty bread or cornbread for a complete meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onions for garnish
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 432 Total fat: 15g Saturated fat: 5g Cholesterol: 162mg Sodium: 1229mg Total carbohydrates: 41g Dietary fiber: 2g Sugars: 3g Protein: 34g
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the Andouille sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic to the pot and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, rice, paprika, Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the cooked Andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp. Cover the pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped green onions.