These classic chocolate chip cookies are a favorite for a reason – they’re delicious and easy to make! Be sure to let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 12-15 minutes Total time: 27-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.