Chocolate Mousse Pie with Marshmallow Meringue and Coffee Ganache Glaze is a dreamy and indulgent dessert that combines rich chocolate mousse, a chocolate graham crust, fluffy marshmallow meringue, and a decadent coffee ganache glaze. Here’s a recipe to make this heavenly treat:
For the chocolate graham crust:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the chocolate mousse:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the marshmallow meringue:
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
For the coffee ganache glaze:
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter for the crust. Mix until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie dish to form the crust. Place the pie dish in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chopped semi-sweet chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whip 2 cups of heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the whipped cream until well combined. Pour the chocolate mousse mixture into the prepared crust, spreading it out evenly. Place the pie dish in the refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar, a spoonful at a time, while continuing to beat the egg whites. Beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Spread the marshmallow meringue over the chilled chocolate mousse pie, covering it completely and creating swirls or peaks with a spatula.
- Place the pie under the broiler for a few minutes, or until the meringue is golden brown. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup of heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chopped semi-sweet chocolate and instant coffee granules. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the coffee ganache glaze over the cooled marshmallow meringue, allowing it to drip down the sides of the pie.
- Place the pie back in the refrigerator to set for another 1-2 hours before serving.
- Slice and serve the chocolate mousse pie chilled, and enjoy the luxurious combination of creamy chocolate mousse, fluffy marshmallow meringue, and decadent coffee ganache.