This Coconut Cream Pie recipe is perfect for coconut lovers and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Enjoy a slice as a special dessert for holidays or special occasions, or simply as a treat for yourself and your loved ones.
- 1 pre-made pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Chilling time: 2 hours Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish and prick the bottom with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Spread the toasted coconut in the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch, salt, milk, sugar, and egg yolks until well combined. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the coconut in the pie crust, spreading it evenly.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or until the filling is set.
- In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar together until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie.
- Sprinkle with additional toasted coconut, if desired.