Coconut Shrimp is a popular appetizer or snack that is easy to make and full of flavor. The combination of sweetened shredded coconut and panko breadcrumbs creates a crispy and crunchy texture on the outside of the shrimp, while the shrimp remains juicy and tender on the inside. This dish can be served as an appetizer, snack, or even as a main dish with a side salad or rice. Enjoy these delicious Coconut Shrimp!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sweetened shredded coconut and panko breadcrumbs. Stir well to combine.
- Dip each shrimp in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip the flour-coated shrimp in the beaten eggs, making sure each shrimp is coated.
- Finally, coat the shrimp with the coconut-panko mixture, pressing the mixture gently onto each shrimp to help it stick.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the Coconut Shrimp in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the Coconut Shrimp from the skillet using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the Coconut Shrimp hot with your favorite dipping sauce, such as sweet chili sauce, garlic aioli, or tartar sauce.