This Crab and Shrimp Seafood Bisque is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a cozy night in. It’s rich and creamy, with just the right amount of spice, and the combination of shrimp and crab meat is simply irresistible. Serve it with some crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups seafood stock or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preparation time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes
- In a large pot, bring the seafood stock or chicken broth to a simmer. Add the shrimp and crab meat and cook until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the seafood from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic and whisk to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to turn golden brown.
- Gradually whisk in the half-and-half, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Add the paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the cooked shrimp and crab meat to the pot and stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.