Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls are a delicious appetizer that combines the crispy texture of an egg roll with the creamy and savory filling of crab rangoon. Here’s how to make this mouth-watering recipe:
- 1 package (16 oz) egg roll wrappers
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (6 oz) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, crabmeat, green onions, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface with one corner pointing towards you. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of the crab rangoon filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner closest to you over the filling, then fold in the sides. Roll the wrapper away from you, tucking in the filling as you go, until you reach the opposite corner. Brush the edges with the beaten egg to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or a deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Fry the egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove the egg rolls with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy these delicious and crispy Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls as an appetizer or a snack. They’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser!