These creamy lemon squares are a refreshing and tangy dessert that are perfect for any occasion. The crust is buttery and crumbly, while the filling is creamy and tangy. The recipe uses simple ingredients that can be easily found in any grocery store. The lemon bars are easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time, making them a great option for entertaining. You can also customize the recipe by adding other flavors or toppings such as whipped cream or fresh berries. Enjoy these delicious lemon bars!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 30-35 minutes Chilling time: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt.
- Add the softened butter to the bowl and use your fingers or a pastry blender to mix the butter with the flour mixture until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, flour, cornstarch, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in the heavy cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Bake the lemon bars for 15-18 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate the lemon bars for at least 1 hour or until they are well chilled.
- When ready to serve, dust the top of the bars with confectioners’ sugar and cut them into squares.