Skip to content
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- ▢1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- ▢1 large garlic clove minced
- ▢6 cups of chicken broth
- ▢6 cups of peeled & diced Russet potatoes
- ▢2 cups of your favourite frozen vegetable mix
- ▢3 teaspoons dried basil
- ▢2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- ▢1 1/2 cups milk
- ▢2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ▢8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
Instructions How To Make Hamburger Soup Recipe
- In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
- Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
- Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
- Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it’s melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.