Blackberry Cobbler is a delicious and easy dessert that is perfect for summer. This recipe is simple to make and requires only a few ingredients. The blackberries provide a burst of sweetness that pairs perfectly with the buttery and slightly crispy crust. This cobbler is perfect for a backyard barbecue or a family dinner. Serve it warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra decadent treat. Enjoy!
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1/6th of the cobbler Calories: 360 Total fat: 18g Saturated fat: 11g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 277mg Total carbohydrates: 46g Dietary fiber: 6g Sugars: 26g Protein: 5g
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Spread the blackberries evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the blackberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, flour, milk, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the batter over the blackberries, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cobbler cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.