Easy Milk Buns are a delicious and versatile bread that can be enjoyed on their own or used as a base for a variety of sandwiches and snacks. This recipe is easy to follow and produces soft and fluffy buns that are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Try this recipe and enjoy warm and fresh milk buns right out of the oven!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup water, warmed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
Preparation time: 15 minutes Rising time: 1-2 hours Baking time: 15-20 minutes Total time: 1 hour and 30 minutes – 2 hours and 35 minutes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the warmed milk, water, melted butter, egg, and egg yolk.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5-10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- Place the balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each ball.
- Cover the dough with a damp towel and let rise for another 15-20 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the buns are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
- Allow the buns to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!