Dealing with a rusty iron can be quite frustrating, but there’s a simple and effective hack that uses paracetamol to clean and restore your iron, making it look like new. Here’s how to do it:
What you’ll need:
- A rusty iron
- Two paracetamol pills
- Damp dishcloth
- Turn on the iron to a low heat setting.
- Using tweezers, rub two paracetamol pills over the rusted parts of the iron. The heat from the iron will help activate the paracetamol.
- Allow the hot iron to cool down.
- Once it has cooled, unplug the iron.
- Clean the iron’s surface with a damp dishcloth, wiping away the rust.
By following these simple steps, you can easily remove rust from the iron’s surface, leaving it clean and looking like new again. This cost-effective and straightforward hack can save you from having to purchase a new iron. Laura shared her success with this method on the Facebook group “Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK,” and it quickly gained popularity on social media. It’s a great solution for dealing with rusty irons without the need for specialized cleaning products.