Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that brings a taste of the tropics to your table. This dish features tender chicken marinated in a sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce, with a hint of tropical flavors from pineapple and ginger. It’s a delightful combination that will transport you to the beautiful islands of Hawaii.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, sesame seeds, chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger to make the teriyaki marinade.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable bag or a shallow dish and pour the teriyaki marinade over them. Ensure that the chicken is fully coated in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade during grilling.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the teriyaki glaze. In a small saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the leftover marinade to the saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, brush the chicken with the teriyaki glaze on both sides.
- Slice the Hawaiian Style Teriyaki Chicken and serve it over steamed rice or alongside grilled pineapple slices. Garnish with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Enjoy the flavorful taste of Hawaii with this delicious teriyaki chicken dish!