This Healthy and Quick Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dinner option that is also healthy. The shrimp is cooked until tender and juicy, and then coated in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce. Serve it over a bed of rice or with your favorite vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, cornstarch, and water.
- Add the honey mixture to the skillet and stir until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp back to the skillet and toss until coated in the honey garlic sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the honey garlic shrimp hot, garnished with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.