- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Flour Power: In a mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Butter Bliss: Add cold, cut unsalted butter to the dry mixture. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Yeast Awakening: Dissolve active dry yeast in warm water according to package instructions in a separate bowl. Let the yeast mixture stand until frothy.
- Dough Dance: Incorporate the yeast mixture and buttermilk into the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough forms, handling it as little as possible.
- Fluffy Creation: Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and gently pat it to about 1/2-inch thickness. Use a round biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits, avoiding twisting the cutter for proper rising.
- Rest and Rise: Place biscuits on a baking sheet, cover with a cloth, and let them rest for around 20 minutes, allowing the yeast to work its magic.
- Baking Brilliance: Preheat the oven and bake the biscuits until beautifully golden on top.
- Heavenly Enjoyment: Serve your Homemade Angel Biscuits warm from the oven, letting their delicate flavor and irresistible texture transport you to biscuit heaven.