Homemade biscuits are a delightful treat that can be served with breakfast, as a side dish, or even as a snack. Here’s a classic recipe to make delicious homemade biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar (optional, for a touch of sweetness)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces of butter remaining.
- If you’re adding honey or sugar for a touch of sweetness, mix it into the cold milk until it dissolves.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the cold milk. Stir gently with a fork until the dough comes together. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently pat it into a rectangle or circle, about 1-inch thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a round glass, cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gather any remaining scraps of dough, pat them together, and cut out more biscuits until all the dough is used.
- Place the baking sheet with the biscuits in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.
Serve your homemade biscuits warm, with butter, jam, honey, or any of your favorite toppings. They are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven while they are still fluffy and tender. Homemade biscuits are a comforting and versatile treat that everyone will love!