Homemade Churros are a delicious treat that are perfect for any occasion. They’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a sweet cinnamon-sugar coating that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re also easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil for frying
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour to the saucepan and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until the mixture is smooth.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed saucepan to 375°F (190°C).
- Transfer the churro dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Carefully pipe the dough into hot oil, cutting the dough with scissors to release the churros, and fry until golden brown, turning occasionally with a slotted spoon, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Use the slotted spoon to transfer the churros to paper towels to drain.
- While the churros are still warm, roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve the churros immediately with your favorite dipping sauce, such as chocolate, caramel, or dulce de leche.