Here’s a fantastic recipe for a DIY daily shower cleaner spray that’s not only effective but also cost-effective. This homemade version works even better than many commercial brands because it includes a dishwasher rinse aid, leaving your shower surfaces cleaner and smoother. Plus, it helps prevent mold and mineral buildup between your regular cleanings.
- 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 teaspoon liquid dish soap
- 1 tablespoon dishwasher rinse aid (like Finish Jet Dry)
- 3 cups water
- Start by pouring the hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, liquid dish soap, and dishwasher rinse aid into a spray bottle with a capacity of at least 32 ounces. Using a funnel can make this step easier.
- Slowly add the 3 cups of water to the mixture. Be cautious as the mixture may bubble a bit due to the dish soap. If you’re reusing a 32 oz bottle from a store-bought daily shower cleaner, you can simply top it off with water.
- Close the spray bottle tightly, and then gently tip it back and forth to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
How to Use:
After each shower, simply mist the spray onto the walls of your shower. There’s no need to wipe or scrub. The spray will help keep your shower clean and free from soap scum, mineral buildup, and mold.
This DIY daily shower cleaner is not only effective but also budget-friendly, helping you save money while keeping your bathroom sparkling clean. Enjoy a hassle-free shower experience with this homemade solution!