Homemade Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that is perfect for a family dinner. This recipe uses a combination of ground beef and ground pork to create a juicy and flavorful meatloaf. The addition of chopped vegetables and seasonings adds extra flavor and nutrition to the dish. This recipe is easy to customize by adding your favorite spices or toppings like bacon or cheese. Serve the Homemade Meatloaf with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 slice (1/8th of the meatloaf) Calories: 255 Total fat: 13g Saturated fat: 5g Cholesterol: 92mg Sodium: 612mg Total carbohydrates: 11g Dietary fiber: 1g Sugars: 4g Protein: 22g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, milk, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped carrots, minced garlic, beaten egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Press the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) on a meat thermometer.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.