Homemade Payday Candy Bars are a delicious and satisfying treat that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. The combination of dry roasted peanuts and miniature marshmallows is both crunchy and chewy. The candy is made with a simple mixture of butter, sugar, and milk, which is boiled to a soft ball stage and then poured over the peanuts and marshmallows. These candy bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. Enjoy these tasty and addictive Homemade Payday Candy Bars!
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 251 Total fat: 12g Saturated fat: 5g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 97mg Total carbohydrates: 35g Dietary fiber: 1g Sugars: 31g Protein: 3g
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry roasted peanuts and miniature marshmallows. Toss well to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over low heat.
- Add the granulated sugar, whole milk, and salt to the saucepan. Stir well to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 5-7 minutes or until it reaches a soft ball stage (235°F-240°F on a candy thermometer).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot mixture over the peanuts and marshmallows in the mixing bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Allow the candy to cool and set for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.