500 grams of strawberries
100 grams of sugar
240 ml of cold whipping cream or whipping cream
3 egg yolks
- The first thing we have to do is clean the fresh strawberries and then cut them in half.
- We pass the strawberries through the blender until they are completely crushed as if it were a milkshake.
- In a saucepan, heat a couple of glasses of water over medium-high heat until it boils.
- In a heat resistant glass bowl we add the egg yolks together with the sugar.
- When the water in the saucepan begins to boil, lower the heat to a minimum and place the bowl of yolks on top of the saucepan. In this way we will make the mixture in a bain-marie.
- We begin to beat the yolks together with the sugar with a rod mixer until we see that it changes to a color between whitish and yellowish, this will take us approximately 5 minutes. Remove the bowl and allow the mixture to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl we are going to mount the cream, for this, we pour the cream to mount, which must be very cold.
- We beat with the rod mixer for 3-4 minutes until peaks form.
- We will gradually add the whipped cream to the container with the yolks and stir with soft and enveloping movements with the help of a spatula until everything is perfectly integrated.
- Now we have the base for our ice cream, which is perfect for making homemade fruit ice cream, in this case strawberry.
- Add the strawberry smoothie that we have reserved and mix gently and with enveloping movements until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Now all that remains is to pour this mixture into a plastic or glass tupperware, spread it well and store in the freezer for at least 4 hours. I prefer to keep it overnight so that it compacts much better.
- Take the homemade strawberry ice cream out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving it and let it warm up a bit, so it will be easier to form our ice cream balls. Enjoy!!