- 4 cups mixed greens (spinach, kale, arugula, etc.)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add the mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, red onion, bell peppers, and chickpeas.
- Toss the salad ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add the croutons, sunflower seeds, raisins, and shredded cheese (if using).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This salad is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables or ingredients in your fridge, hence the name “Junk Yard Salad”. You can also customize it to your liking by adding or removing any ingredients you prefer.