Ingredients: For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (about 20 key limes)
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes or until it is lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Add in the key lime juice and lime zest, and whisk until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the pie for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, then chill it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, make the whipped cream by combining the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the chilled pie and serve.
Enjoy your delicious homemade key lime pie!