This Lemon Blueberry Loaf is a perfect combination of tangy lemon and sweet blueberries. It’s great for breakfast or brunch, or as a dessert. The recipe is easy to follow and the loaf comes together quickly, so you can have a freshly baked treat in no time. The addition of lemon zest and juice adds a bright and refreshing flavor, while the blueberries provide a burst of sweetness. Serve it with a cup of coffee or tea for a delicious and satisfying snack.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 50 minutes
Nutrition Facts: Serving size: 1 slice (1/12th of the loaf) Calories: 214 Total fat: 9g Saturated fat: 5g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 99mg Total carbohydrates: 31g Dietary fiber: 1g Sugars: 19g Protein: 3g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, and beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.