This Lemon Cream Pie is a refreshing and tangy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. The creamy lemon filling pairs perfectly with the buttery pie crust and the whipped cream on top adds an extra layer of decadence. It’s a classic dessert that’s sure to please any crowd. Enjoy!
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream and lemon slices for garnish (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Chilling time: 3 hours Total time: 3 hours and 25 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake the pie crust according to the package instructions and let it cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually whisk in the beaten egg yolks until well combined.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the heavy cream until well combined.
- Pour the lemon cream filling into the cooled pie crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices before serving (optional).