Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is a delightful twist on a classic dessert. The creamy and tangy cheesecake filling is perfectly balanced by the light and airy meringue topping. The graham cracker crust adds a crunchy texture and complements the flavors of the filling and topping. This recipe may seem a little time-consuming, but it is well worth the effort. It is a show-stopping dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Give this recipe a try and impress your family and friends with this delicious and beautiful dessert!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
For the meringue:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 1 hour 10 minutes Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the sour cream, all-purpose flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the hot cheesecake, sealing the edges to the crust.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the meringue is golden brown.
- Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!