Moist Pineapple Cake is a delicious and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The crushed pineapple adds moisture and sweetness to the cake, while the sour cream gives it a tangy flavor and helps keep it moist. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized with additional toppings like whipped cream or fresh fruit. Serve the Moist Pineapple Cake as a dessert or a sweet treat with coffee or tea. Enjoy the taste of the tropics in every bite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Serving size: 1 slice (1/16th of the cake)
Total fat: 8g
Saturated fat: 5g
Total carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary fiber: 1g
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Add the drained crushed pineapple, sour cream, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.