The oven is an essential appliance in the kitchen, but it can quickly become dirty and encrusted with grease and food residues. Regular cleaning is important to maintain its functionality and appearance. Here are some foolproof methods and grandmother’s tricks to help you effectively clean your oven.
Salt Method for Glass Oven Door Cleaning
This simple trick is perfect for removing stubborn grease and food residues from the glass oven door. For a natural and effective solution, follow these steps:
- Coat the oven door with hot water.
- Sprinkle salt over the door.
- Leave for 1 minute, then gently rub the glass with a ball of aluminum foil in a circular motion.
- Remove any remaining residue with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Repeat the process if needed.
Natural Ingredients and Tips for Oven Cleaning
Cleaning without harmful chemicals involves natural ingredients and organic products like baking soda, which is an excellent degreaser. Here’s how to use them for a spotless oven.
Baking Soda for Sparkling Oven
Baking soda is a versatile cleaning agent commonly found at home. To clean the inside of the oven with baking soda:
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 quart of hot water and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the inside walls of the oven.
- Leave it overnight.
- The next day, spray water on the oven’s interior before wiping it with a damp sponge.
- Repeat the process if necessary.
Baking soda’s effectiveness lies in its ability to soften food residues and grease stains. It also acts as an abrasive cleaner.
Vinegar and Coarse Salt for Stubborn Stains
Vinegar and salt can enhance the abrasive action of baking soda to combat stubborn stains:
- Sprinkle a mixture of vinegar and coarse salt on the stained area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the mixture.
- Spray vinegar on the affected area and wait a few minutes.
- Rub the area with a soft cloth.
Cleaning Oven Racks
For cleaning oven racks, follow these steps:
- Remove the oven racks and scrub them in the sink using steel wool and a homemade cleaner.
- Soak the dirty racks in a mixture of hot water and lemon juice for 15 minutes to loosen grease.
- Wipe down the racks whenever spills occur to maintain cleanliness.