Old Fashioned Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that are quick and easy to make. This recipe produces pancakes that are fluffy and delicious, with just the right amount of sweetness. They are perfect for a lazy weekend brunch or a quick weekday breakfast. Try this recipe and enjoy a stack of delicious pancakes with your favorite toppings!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10-15 minutes Total time: 20-25 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg and then add the milk and melted butter. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It’s okay if the batter is a bit lumpy.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or a large frying pan over medium heat. If using a frying pan, add a small amount of butter or oil to the pan to prevent sticking.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle or frying pan for each pancake. Cook until the surface of the pancake is covered in bubbles and the edges look set, then flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up, stacking the pancakes on a plate as you go.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as butter and syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream.