- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preparation time: 20 minutes Baking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes Total time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar to the butter, and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk and mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cake onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream, if desired.