One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. This recipe uses simple ingredients and requires only one pot for cooking, making cleanup a breeze. The ground beef, rice, and vegetables are cooked in a flavorful broth, while the cheese and cilantro add a delicious finishing touch. This dish can be customized by adding other ingredients such as jalapenos, diced avocado, or sour cream. Enjoy this delicious and satisfying meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the diced onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, minced garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Add the rice, black beans, diced tomatoes (undrained), frozen corn, and chicken broth to the skillet. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Simmer the mixture for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle the chopped fresh cilantro over the top of the casserole.
- Serve hot.