Creating a DIY insect repellent spray that’s safe and effective is a great way to keep unwanted pests like fleas, ants, and cockroaches out of your home without resorting to harsh chemicals. Here’s how to make and use it:
- 1 cup of liquid detergent
- 2 cups of alcohol or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of cloves
- 1/4 cup of water
- Boil 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Once it’s boiling, add the cloves and let them simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the clove infusion is simmering, mix 1 cup of liquid detergent and 2 cups of alcohol (or apple cider vinegar) in a separate container.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat and allow the clove infusion to cool.
- Once the clove infusion has cooled, combine it with the detergent and alcohol (or vinegar) mixture. Mix gently to avoid excessive foaming.
- Pour the resulting solution into a spray bottle with a diffuser nozzle.
How to Use:
- Spray the homemade repellent in areas that are frequented by insects, especially entry points where they may be entering your home.
- Keep surfaces clean to remove food residues that could attract insects, as well as to eliminate insect eggs and larvae.