Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious and healthy twist on the classic cheesesteak sandwich. The bell peppers are filled with thinly sliced beef steak, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and melted provolone cheese. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized by adding your favorite vegetables or spices. Serve the stuffed peppers with a side salad or roasted potatoes for a complete meal. Enjoy this flavorful and satisfying dish!
- 4 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 lb thinly sliced beef sirloin or ribeye steak
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices provolone cheese
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the bell pepper halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced beef steak to the skillet and cook until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Fill each bell pepper half with the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Top each bell pepper half with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake the stuffed peppers in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the stuffed peppers from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.