Here are two separate recipes, one for Pho and another for a chili dog:
- 8 cups beef broth
- 1 small onion, peeled and halved
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 pound beef sirloin or eye of round, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Sriracha sauce and hoisin sauce, for serving
- In a large pot, bring the beef broth to a boil.
- Add the onion, ginger, cinnamon stick, star anise, and cloves to the pot. Reduce the heat and let the broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth through a fine mesh strainer, discarding the solids.
- Return the broth to the pot and bring it to a boil again.
- Add the thinly sliced beef to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the beef is just cooked through.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions.
- Divide the cooked noodles among 4 bowls.
- Top each bowl with the cooked beef, bean sprouts, cilantro, and mint.
- Ladle the hot broth over each bowl.
- Serve the Pho with lime wedges, Sriracha sauce, and hoisin sauce on the side.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting bowl of Pho!
Chili Dog Recipe:
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Let the chili simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the hot dogs according to the package instructions.
- Place the hot dog buns on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Place a hot dog in each toasted bun.
- Spoon the chili over the hot dogs and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the chili dogs hot.
Enjoy your delicious and indulgent chili dogs!