Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Fudge is a sweet and fruity dessert that combines the flavors of pineapple upside-down cake and creamy fudge. The addition of chopped pineapple and maraschino cherries adds a pop of color and flavor to the fudge. This dessert is perfect for a potluck or party, or as a sweet treat for yourself. Enjoy this delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Fudge!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 package (12 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices, drained and chopped
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, unsalted butter, and heavy cream over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly until the sugar dissolves and the butter melts.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the mixture reaches 234°F (112°C) on a candy thermometer. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the white chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir until the white chocolate chips are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the chopped pineapple into the fudge mixture.
- Pour the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until the fudge is firm.
- Once the fudge is firm, remove it from the baking dish and cut it into small squares.
- Garnish each Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Fudge square with a maraschino cherry.