Potato Fritters are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish or snack that is perfect for any occasion. These fritters are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a savory and slightly sweet flavor that comes from the combination of potatoes, onions, and garlic. Serve them with sour cream or applesauce for a classic combination of flavors. These Potato Fritters are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Sour cream or applesauce for serving (optional)
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Total time: 25 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the grated potatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, and beaten egg. Mix well.
- Heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the hot oil, flattening them slightly with a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritters from the skillet with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the potato fritters hot with sour cream or applesauce, if desired.